Traveling is one of your dog’s likely favorite hobbies. You and your dog can relax and be away from the busy city and busy life even for a while. You should have the right materials with you like dog carrier backpacks while traveling, walking or hiking might be part of your trip so you should be ready, not just physically. If you’re thinking backpack carriers are just for your child, you may need to think twice. Your furry friends now have backpacks.
There is a benefit in choosing the best dog carrier backpacks. So, it’s important to do your research and read numerous reviews about the product and the model you want to buy. If you own a puppy or a small dog, it is highly recommended to buy a dog carrier backpack because most small pooches and young dogs are not suitable for a long trip, more or less, long hours of walking, traveling or hiking.
Are dog carrier backpacks safe to use?
Some dog owners would think that pet carrier backpacks will injure or suffocate their furry friends, well, I can not blame you if you are worried but you are missing something good here. These carrier backpacks are a lifesaver. Dog owners can now carry their dogs securely without breaking a sweat or bones. In short, these items should be used safely and should be bought.
How to use dog carrier backpacks?
You may know about dog carrier backpacks, but you’re still uncertain about how to use it. It’s just like what we always use when we go to work or school–it’s somehow self-explanatory. Put the dog in the carrier, and make sure it’s relaxed. Place him inside as you would when placing a child in a backpack for a baby carrier. Here, comfort and protection should be given priority.
On the other hand, for those who have a stubborn dog, well here’s the tip: trick him and give him a treat. It will surely work, trust me.
Note: What’s important here is to get your furry friend used to dog carrier backpacks so that they won’t panic once you need them to put there again.
How to choose the best dog carrier backpacks?
Whether you are traveling with your furry friend or you just want to carry him around with you while shopping or taking the subway, a dog carrier backpack is the best thing you could use: it could keep him safe and secure while going in a trip or while they are in the car or in the airplane.
There are a lot of dog carrier backpacks in the market and they all claim to be the best well, it’s marketing and we can’t do anything about it. BUT, what you can do as a dog owner is to consider carefully which one is best for your pooch.
Here are the factors you need to look for when choosing your dog carrier backpack:
- Consult your veterinarian. Asking your pet doctor before considering placing them inside a bag should be prioritized, especially if you own a senior dog or a pooch that has health issues.
- Know your pooch’s size. Measure the dog so it’s not too small or not too big for them to buy the dog carrier bag. Measure the length, height, and weight of the following. Add to that, you should also calculate your dog’s shoulder height, your pet’s tail end, back and where the collar rests and note, your dog carrier bag should be large enough to make your dog move and stretch easily.
- Consider the type of dog carrier. Are you buying a dog carrier backpack because you will hike with your dog? Maybe you just need one to walk or just to travel by car or by land? Well, considering where you are going to use it can be helpful in determining what kind of dog carrier you need to purchase. If you’re just bringing them for a joyride, you’ll buy something that’s easy to bring, lightweight, easy to prepare, and gives your dog’s comfort.
- Choose the style you want, not the style they want for your dog. There are a lot of dog carrier backpacks in the market out there. Next time, when selecting your dog’s style you must remember the above factors. Of course, like any dog owner, I know that even if you’re carrying a dog you also want to look good. Don’t worry; there are many options in the market. Hunting for something that looks pretty but at the same time is appropriate for your dog is just what you need to do.
What else should you consider before buying a dog carrier backpack?
As a dog owner, you must ask yourself these questions when you are choosing a dog carrier backpack.
- Is the dog carrier bag you want to buy easy to put on by yourself?
- (If you own more than one pet) Is the dog carrier backpack adjustable so you can also use it for your other pets?
- Hygiene is important. Is the dog carrier backpack easy to clean?
- Are you and your dog will be comfortable using the dog carrier backpack?
What to remember: Dog carrier backpacks come in different sizes and styles, so here’s the checklist that you could rely on when choosing the best style of bag for your pet:
- Standard hard-sided dog carrier backpacks are those bags that have a hard shell.
- Wearable dog carrier backpack mimics the baby carrier bags. These bags are washable light, and easy to carry around.
- A soft-sided dog carrier is the most popular style of dog carriers among small dog owners. They are light and portable.
What are the best dog carrier backpacks in the market?
There are many dog carrier backpacks in the market but don’t worry, I compiled the best and most popular brands nowadays. You can buy them almost everywhere, not just online!
The following are the best dog carrier backpacks for traveling, walking, hiking:
- Casual Canine Ultimate Backpack Carrier from Zanies ($39.95 on Amazon)
- Comfort Dog Carrier or Backpack from Petsfit ($47.99 on Amazon)
- PoochPouch Front Carrier Dog Backpack from Outward Hound (is the best seller on Amazon. For the brand new item, the cost is $13.17 on Amazon while the preloved item is only $9.53)
- K9 Sports Sack Air Plus ($89.95 on Amazon)
- Out Front Dog Backpack Carrier from NICREW ($17.99 on Amazon)
- Dog Around Town ($19.99 sale on Think of the Floofs)
- Roller Dog Backpack from Pet Gear ($39.99 on Amazon)
- Deluxe Pet Carrier from PetAmi ($38.99 on Amazon)
- Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack from Texsens ($57.99 on Amazon)
- Wheel Around Travel Per Carrier from Snoozer (one of the best picks. It costs $119.95 on Chewy)
The following are the best dog carrier backpacks for:
- Best for someone on budget – Alfie Pet’s Chico Reversible Pet Sling Carrier.
- Best dog carrier backpack for hiking – K9 Sport Sack’s Backpack for small and medium-size pets.
- Best dog chest carrier backpack – Legs Out Front Pet Dog Carrier Backpack from COODIA.
Do dogs like being in a dog carrier backpack?
Dogs are versatile and can adapt as long as they feel comfortable and safe to any climate. This is why reviewers and dog experts encourage all owners of dogs to consider buying a dog carrier backpack where they can move and stretch – buying these bags won’t suffocate the dogs.
Advantages of having a dog carrier backpack
Here’s the thing, some of you might still not be considering getting one of these backpacks which is pretty fine. BUT, again, you are missing something really great here. So, for those dog owners who are still unconvinced to get a dog carrier backpack, this is for you:
- Dog carrier backpacks are easy to use and light to carry compared to leashing your dog or carrying him.
- Since it is a backpack designed to carry small or big dogs, it will protect your back and it will not strain your arms and legs.
- The bond is there – you and your dog will enjoy the scenery together while being protected. Compared to placing them inside a basket or a kennel where what they’ll just see are walls, your pooch will also enjoy the things you are seeing and doing.
So, which one is above your choice? There are many good dog carrier backpacks out there, so you should be very careful when choosing which one to purchase. It will depend on what you like and which one is better for your dog at the end of the day. Never risk your dog’s safety and comfort, as well as your welfare.
You should always protect yourself and your dog as a dog owner. Always take both of your physical health conditions into consideration. No matter what type of dog carrier backpack you prefer, both you and your dog are comfortable and secure is what most important.