Do not underestimate dog toys ‘ power. It can do so much to your dog’s well-being. Although most dogs are regarded as domesticated furry companions, in the lack of job they still need to do something. Remember that dogs are bred for productive purposes, but they have not much to do since their domestication started. They get bored as a consequence. That’s where toys for dogs come in. In the lack of a’ day job,’ toys offer them something to do. Let’s take a look at the benefits of dog toys:
- Dog toys divert their attention from your things to the dog toys such as dog rope toys. Rather than chewing on your shoes, sofa, rocks, among others, dog toys allow them to busy themselves and thus, preventing the so-called destructive behavior.
- Dog toys sap their energies. Regardless of whether they are playing alone or with other dogs, dog toys are not only physically tiring but also mentally tiring. It’s like offering them a puzzle they’ve got to find out how to solve. Your dogs get tired in a matter of a couple of hours and sleep all day, leaving them with very little energy to do something nasty.
- Dog toys make them happy. To understand easier, how happy were you when you were given new toys as a kid? That feeling is what you are giving to your dog each time you gift it with a dog toy.
- They will adore you more. Why wouldn’t they? You are the one who gives them something nice and fun, thus, you bond more, and your relationship with your four-legged companion gets deeper.
Now that you understand the strength of dog toys, it’s time to express your pooch more gratitude by offering it a deserved dog toy. I know that choosing the kind of dog toy to get can be quite difficult, but let me tell you why dog rope toys are great for your dog.
Reasons to Buy Dog Rope Toys (advantages):
- Dog rope toys are very handy, so you can take these with you and your pooch when visiting a park.
- For puppies and adult dogs, dog rope toys are great. These toys can assist your puppies to relieve teething pain. Soak the dog rope toy in cold water for thirty minutes or more before you give it to your teething pup.
- Dog rope toys can be utilized as reward toys during training sessions.
- Dog rope toys can be used when playing with your pooch tug-of-war game. For your four-legged company, this sort of game is advantageous as it satisfies its desire to pull and grab items.
- Dog rope toys can be used if you are training your pooch how to fetch and drop.
- Dog rope toys are available in sizes and weight ideal for small to large-breed dogs.
- Dog rope toys can be part of your dog’s oral hygiene. The rope can massage the gums and remove the plaques in between its teeth.
- Dog rope toys are washable, therefore, it can avoid your dog from chewing on something laden with something that can make them ill.
Allow me to help you furthermore about dog rope toys by discussing with you how it is constructed and what you should look for when purchasing one for your pooch.
What Is This Dog Toy, Anyway?
Twisting fabrics of various colors produce a rope. A single piece of dog rope toy is made of hundreds of strings to create a rope for dogs that is durable and playable. What makes it hard and almost indestructible is because a dog toy rope is made up of several parts of rope that are twined together. And the dog rope toy is purchased at a cheap cost, as there is only one type of fabric used.
Cotton is not the only material or string used to make dog rope toys. Some producers are using fleece or hemp. All dog rope toys, regardless of material, basically have the same design idea.
It’s also worth emphasizing that you can’t just purchase a rope in your local hardware store as these ropes may contain oils or coloring colors that may pose a health hazard to your pooch. Instead, buy specially produced ropes for dogs.
What Are The Precautions You Need to Know Before Buying Dog Rope Toys?
Like any other types of dog toys, there are some things you need to be conscious of before you give this type of toy to your dog. Toys are intended to be enjoyable and safe, and that’s why I’m going to let you know the stuff you need to watch out for to avoid your pooch from getting a few problems while playing with a dog rope toy.
The material used for this toy, as I said a while ago, is braided strings. BUT, because of its very strong set of teeth, your dog can shrew the dog toy cord. Because of this, your dog is likely to swallow the strings.
Vets classify strings as linear foreign bodies along with cords, tapes and fabrics. Now if swallowed, the one end of the string may be stuck in the stomach while the other end of the string may go into your dog’s intestines. This can cause your dog to suffer from stomach pain and the dog may have to go under the knife in some serious instances. This is why monitoring of pet parents is highly recommended whenever a toy is provided (regardless of whether it is a rope or not). Once you see the rope is near to shredding, remove it and change to a new rope toy for the dog. Again, for as long as you practice the precautions stated above, allowing your pooch to play with a dog rope toy is good for its overall health.
Different Kinds of Dog Rope Toys:
1) Traditional Dog Rope Toy:
The easiest and cheapest of all in the rope dog toys category. But don’t be fooled by its simplicity as it can keep your dog busy for hours and prevent issues such as destructive chewing. For Small to Big Dogs, the Otterly Dog Pet Rope Toys is a nice way to introduce this kind of toy to your pooch. Another nice option is the Booda 2-Knot Rope Bone Dog Toy. What you will appreciate about traditional dog rope toys are the following:
- Comes in all sizes
- It has a flossing action to keep the teeth and gums clean and in f good shape
2) Dog Rope Ball Toys:
It’s no denying that all dogs are drawn to balls, regardless of breed. It can be a squeaky ball, a tennis ball to name a few. If you want a rope and a ball to pet your pooch, you can buy the dog rope ball toy. It’s a traditional dog rope connected to one end with a ball. There’s a small ball like a tennis ball and a bigger ball like a soccer ball’s size. The ideal kicking and hunting game.
StarMark Fantastic Foam Ball on a Rope Dog Toy will make your pooch entertained and happy. Another good product to try is the Romp-n-Roll which comes with a long-lasting ball and durable rope. It comes in three sizes:
- Small which is ideal for a 20-pound dog
- Medium for a 20 to a 60-pound dog
- Large is good for dogs weighing more than 60 pounds.
3) Dog Rope Toys for Aggressive Chewers:
You can not stop your dog from chewing, it is in its DNA. When you have an aggressive chewer, the only issue is. This dog can destroy toys in a few minutes. I understand that because my puddle is an aggressive chewer. But it can’t destroy a dog rope toy. The rope is almost indestructible, even if it strangles it, chew hard on it. So for fur parents out there who have a comparable‘ issue’, offer a dog rope toy for aggressive chewers.
Pacific Pups Dog Rope Toys for Aggressive Chewers is money’s worth, try it for your pooch.
4) Rope and Bone:
This is the traditional dog rope, but the distinction is that there is an additional attachment which is a dog chew that might be a rawhide, a bone among other things. The concept is that your dog should be more focused on dog chew instead of the rope so that the toy will last longer.
The Antler Rope Chews for Dogs is something that can make your pooch love you more and more.
5) Rope and Handle:
If you love to play tug-of-war with your pooch, this is the one that can make both of you satisfied. The Mammoth Flossy Chews Color Twin Tug with Rubber Handle is a perfect match for a rough and tumble game.
6) Plush Rope Toys:
This is perfect for puppies as a way of introducing it with various kinds of textures. Some portions have plush and velvety feel while the rope has a knotted texture. Try the Pet Puppy Dog Cotton Rope Chew.
How to Choose the Right Dog Rope Toy?
There are basically three factors to keep in mind when it comes to the right rope toy for your pooch and these are the following:
- The Size:
If you offer a rope toy that’s ideal for its size, your pooch would greatly enjoy it. You wouldn’t want your little dog to drag a rope toy that’s too big to bring in as much as you wouldn’t want your big dog to play with a little rope it can eat and get choked. By ensuring that the rope toy is the right size for its size and mouth, your pooch will appreciate its new dog rope toy.
Generally speaking, a rope dog toy is tough and durable. However, if what you have is an aggressive chewer, you wouldn’t lose anything if you will double-check the product that you are buying.
It can also be true to your dog the common saying “different strokes for different folks.” Some dogs prefer to tug-of-war while others prefer to run and grab after a toy. As I mentioned above, you can pick more than one type of dog rope toys for your pooch.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Tug-of-war a good form of exercise for your pooch?
Yes, that’s it. It enables them to have an outlet where the natural urge to pull an object can be released. As well as, playing with your pooch in an incredible way. However, start playing tug-of-war once your dog has passed the puppy phase to prevent damaging their milk teeth.
Will rope balls last longer than an ordinary dog ball?
Ropes are proven to be tougher than any kind of dog toys. This is precisely the reason why it is perfect for aggressive chewer dogs.
There’s no denying that you can do something good for your dog with dog rope toys. It will relieve them from loneliness and discourage problems such as chewing and eating something that is not part of the food group (pica). So go ahead and choose the one you believe will make your pooch happy and love you in a manner nobody can do.