If you own a dog, it could be your everyday problems to see them pee wherever they believe is a nice place. Once you see a yellowish stain on your carpet and your environment smells like a grave, you may scratch your head all the time.
Occasionally some of our furry friends get too lazy to go out and pee, so they will just go to the next location they believe you’re not going to notice … the carpet. Why not, because it looks like grass? Right? BUT! We, dog owners, are clever enough to see that there’s something wrong!
If you experienced this, then, surely, you know that dog’s urine STINKS like a bomb. Even if they only peed in a small cloth, the urine odor is everywhere… hunting you.
Now, here’s the issue: What if there is a unique occasion that day? What are you going to do? What if you’re going to host a party? What if your crush planned to visit you? What if a deal is set for your potential home buyer? How can you fix one of your life’s greatest dilemmas?
Well, potty training is among the best ways of teaching our pets where to pee and poop, but it’s much difficult than you think to train them. It’s not a one-day method; it’s a long trip, especially if you own a rebellious, stubborn dog. So, how can we fix this and in just one click and have a refreshing smell in our house? Well, it’s easy… learn the tricks!
How to eliminate dog pee odor from carpet?
The urine of Dog smells like a strong scent of ammonia that can stink your entire home, which is certainly not a healthy air freshener. If you are determined to get rid of the pee smell of your dog from your beloved carpet without seeking professional assistance from skilled cleaners, never skip a single line published in this post.
In this write-up, I will share with you some proven ways to remove urine stains and odor on your carpet. I will provide you several expert tips on how to clean the mess your dog has created. In this article, you will know the methods of removing dog pee from mats without using any expensive tools and ingredients that may be dangerous to your pooch.
- Get dog urine smell out of carpet method number one: Vinegar and Baking Soda
What you need to do:
1. Mix one cup of white vinegar and one cup of water in a bowl or a spraying bottle.
Note: Why vinegar? Vinegar works well on wet and dry pee. According to Angie’s List, vinegar neutralizes the smell of pee without damaging your carpet.
What you need to remember: If you choose to use a spray bottle, make sure you carefully wash it so that the old cleaning formula stuck inside is completely gone. If you use it without washing, the ancient solution will be mixed with your DIY carpet cleaner, and it may stain or contaminate your carpet with any unknown chemicals that may harm you or your dog.
2. Pour your DIY solution on the stained portion of your carpet gently if you use a bowl. In the meantime, if you use a spray bottle, make sure you hold it over the stained portion of your carpet up to three to four inches. Let the watered white vinegar soak for 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
Note: Do NOT pat the white vinegar with water dry instantly, let it soak. It needs to saturate deep down until it reaches the pad underneath your carpet to totally remove the stinky scent of your dog’s urine.
3. Use old fabric or a layer of paper towels or sponge to saturate the liquid after allowing the rug to absorb the solution. Wash the material you used to soak up the liquid immediately or throw it away once you’ve finished.
Note: Do NOT rub your carpet. Just pat it because once you rub it back and forth, you are only pushing the white vinegar and the urine deep down into the mat rather than lift it.
4. Once the mat is nearly dry, cover the white vinegar solution with a little baking soda to absorb the odour. Press it with a fabric in the carpet. Let it take 10 to 15 minutes to settle down.
Note: Why baking soda? Baking soda, or known as sodium bicarbonate, is used to deodorize the mat. You mix any essential oils like tea tree and lavender with sodium bicarbonate to add an additional stench-fighting boost.
5. Vacuum the region once the sodium bicarbonate is dry. Make sure to go numerous times over the stained region to get all the leftover deep in the fabric of the mat. Smell the area you’re cleaning to see if it’s all gone.
- Get dog urine smell out of carpet method number two: hydrogen peroxide paste
1. Mix 15 ml of dishwashing soap, 22 ml of hydrogen peroxide and 28 g of baking soda in a plastic bowl thoroughly until it turns into a thick paste.
2. Apply the paste on the stained area and leave it for 30 to 60 minutes.
3. Dab a wet cloth over the area where you put the paste. Rewet the cleaning fabric and keep dabbing it on the stain until most of the paste is removed.
4. Dry the mat with paper towels or any cleaning cloth. Let it absorb any liquid that is left on the stained area. If there is still any leftover paste on the mat, just let it dry completely then vacuum it.
- Get dog urine smell out of carpet method number three: club soda
1. Pour the club soda on the stained area of the carpet. Let it settle for about 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
2. After 10 or 15 minutes of allowing the club soda to settle in the mat pad, blot the stain with a cleaning fabric or sponge. Do not wipe back and forth the stained region, just dab it until all the soda and smell can be removed.
3. Once the stained area has been dabbed, allow it to dry with paper towels. Cover the region, then use your hand to push it down. You can also use your feet – wear shoes to apply more force on the paper towel. You can absorb more liquid from the mat by applying more force.
4. After everything is done, you can pick any air freshener or your favorite essential oil to spray on your carpet to cover up any leftover odor.
What are the best dog urine smell removers in the market?
If you’re too lazy to mix all the things I listed above, you might want to use the market’s best carpet cleaners. The seven best pet urine and odor removers are listed here:
What are the best carpet cleaners for pets in the market?
For a busy dog owner like you, here are the best of finest carpet cleaners. The following carpet cleaner machine list is used to clean urine, smell, fur, and many more. All these devices can be purchased online.
2. Hoover is not only known as one of the best urine pet cleaner and odor brands in the market; their carpet cleaners are also popular among dog and cat owners.
3. Rug Doctor can be either be rented or bought that’s why most dog owners love it.
Dogs peeing within our house, on pillows, beds, and sofas are serious nightmare of an owner. Every dog owner had encountered this dilemma and experienced it, no doubt on that part. Especially if you are a first-time dog owner or you care for a pup, nobody can skip this experience.
If you still have to train your dog, learning the tricks I wrote above and buying the best urine, and odor cleaners in the market will be of real help to you. You can save yourself from getting stuck in a stinky house through these tools and steps.
Just remember, this dilemma is very common, no need to panic or get angry at your pet. Stay calm and follow the tricks above so that your house will stay clean and smell clean.